Found out that I will finally move out to the Western Region which is called Al Garbia. Al Garbia comprises about 71% of the total land mass of the Emirite of Abu Dhabi. I will be in the town of Ghayathi, but will be staying in a hotel is Mirfa for five days until I get the furnishing for my apartment. Teachers are reporting to school, the students come on September 9th. Somehow I will get from Mirfa to Ghayanthi. Not gonna worry about it yet.
I was sitting in the mall in the Food Court when I came up with some more interesting things. When you eat in the food court, most people just get up and leave their tray on the table. This is because there are people whose job it is to clean the tables and make sure the floor is gorgeous. Talking about gorgeous floors, the floors in the malls are ALWAYS shiny and dirt free! There are people that walk around dust mopping and cleaning the floors all of the time. I guess so! Those women wearing those beautiful abayas that drag on the floor would be pretty upset if they got dirty.
Went to two days of orientations to tell us about the Abu Dhabi Education Council that was created in 2005. As it reads in this book that was given to us: "ADEC was given the mandate to elevate the quality of education in Abu Dhabi to the highest international standards and to ensure that all residents have access to high-quality education." There was a session with the police. Here, if there is an emergency, they dial 999. Also, the most interesting thing that I found out: if you get a ticket, the fine goes with the car. Not a good ideas to buy a used car without checking if the car has any fines on it. It would be your responsibility to pay it. This country is so clean! It is against the law to litter, or to even spit on the ground! Also found out about the curriculum and what I am required to teach. Basically it's standards that the students must reach by the end of the school year.
Not quite sure when I will have Internet again. Have to make an appointment with the Internet and cable people once I get out there. Will let you know more of my adventure when I can!
I was sitting in the mall in the Food Court when I came up with some more interesting things. When you eat in the food court, most people just get up and leave their tray on the table. This is because there are people whose job it is to clean the tables and make sure the floor is gorgeous. Talking about gorgeous floors, the floors in the malls are ALWAYS shiny and dirt free! There are people that walk around dust mopping and cleaning the floors all of the time. I guess so! Those women wearing those beautiful abayas that drag on the floor would be pretty upset if they got dirty.
Went to two days of orientations to tell us about the Abu Dhabi Education Council that was created in 2005. As it reads in this book that was given to us: "ADEC was given the mandate to elevate the quality of education in Abu Dhabi to the highest international standards and to ensure that all residents have access to high-quality education." There was a session with the police. Here, if there is an emergency, they dial 999. Also, the most interesting thing that I found out: if you get a ticket, the fine goes with the car. Not a good ideas to buy a used car without checking if the car has any fines on it. It would be your responsibility to pay it. This country is so clean! It is against the law to litter, or to even spit on the ground! Also found out about the curriculum and what I am required to teach. Basically it's standards that the students must reach by the end of the school year.
Not quite sure when I will have Internet again. Have to make an appointment with the Internet and cable people once I get out there. Will let you know more of my adventure when I can!
Looks like there is a Camel Racing facility south of Ghayathi. That should be an interesting activity to check out. Here is an article from last year about a festival in Ghayathi. Hopefully they will have a 3rd annual event for you to check out!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news/ghayathi-camel-fesitval-expected-to-attract-thousands
There are a lot of festivals around here. This area is very new and up and coming. Lots of building and building and building. I would love to check out the Camel Racing and the Camel Beauty Pagent.
Delete