I am here in Abu Dhabi!!! Interesting thing....I logged on and
everything ins in Arabic. Have to figure that out. Anyway, largely
uneventful trip. As hard as I tried by weighing my bags at the bus
station, they still were overweight. Enter the greatest Skycap in the
world! Like he said, you look out for me, I'll look out for you! I had
to pay $300 for my bags anyway, extra for overage was not happening!
So, checked my bags and sat down to wait on the plane. Mom, Ethel, and
Larry brought me to Norfolk, but they had left. Here comes TJ, who
waited with me until I went to catch my flight. Fly to Chicago, and
they tell me that the money that I had paid for my bags just had a
receipt to Chicago! I told the man that I wasn't paying any more
money! He said no, but I would have to go back to Terminal 1 to get
United to fix it. I was in International Terminal 5. Told him that that
wasn't happening either. So they fixed it! On to Royal Jordanian.
Nice flight, pretty decent food....all the way to Amman, Jordan. Got
off, changed planes. Each time I got off the plane I had to do the TSA
thing and get searched. Nice plane ride with meal to Abu Dhabi. They
picked us up at the airport, had to do an eye scan, went through customs
so fast that I didn't realize that we went to customs, picked up our
bags, put us on a small bus, and brought us to the hotel. Gorgeous
hotel. I am in the Beach Rotana, look it up! Am supposed to be here
until the 19th at least. Gonna be busy the next couple of days.
Tomorrow (Sunday) we will have our first orientation and I find out
where I am living. Monday and Tuesday we go to see it and start
planning how we are furnishing it. Well, gonna go out and see if I can
find some adapters. I bought some, but for some reason the laptop plug
won't fit into the converter and I need a USB adapter for my phone. The
things I didn't think about! And so the adventure begins......
I love that you are chasing your dream! So glad I got to bump into you at Tommy's just before you left :)
ReplyDeleteCan you provide your fans with a mailing address now? I'm loving this!
ReplyDeleteNot yet! Will do it when I get one. May be awhile though.
ReplyDeleteI truly enjoy reading your posts. My husband is moving to Al Ain and will be teaching at their university. I don't anticipate moving their until the fall of 2013.
ReplyDeleteHe was supposed to travel there on the 24th of this month but delays with his visa have given him a little more time at home and we're greatful for that. Hopefully all will go as planned and his ticket will arrive this week. We look forward to reading and learning more about you and this adventure and hopefully we'll have an opportunity to meet one day.
Thank you! Blogging is really therapeutic for me. I had hoped to meet you both before I left. Here you take one day at a time, and it is what you make it. Will plan to meet you when you come!
Delete