Those of you who know me, you know that I'm "easy." Nothing much excites me, I go with the flow, " glad to be of service" as they say in the robot movies. I don't get upset that often, and it usually takes me a while to get there. If I go from 0-100 quickly, then something set me off.
Okay, a little definition in the Urban Dictionary for those of you who don't know what I mean:
To Catch a Case:
Okay, a little definition in the Urban Dictionary for those of you who don't know what I mean:
To Catch a Case:
|
"To physically assault someone. To attack physically, barehanded or with a dangerous weapon."
Ron
gripped the handle of his cane sword, saying "both of y'all better
leave this place," as he slowly unsheathed the blade "or I just may have
to catch a case!"
So, you get the picture. I get up this morning knowing that I need to go to the bookstore by the bank. This is like an educational supply place and I need a few things for my new position tomorrow. Being the cash society that it is, I also knew that they wouldn't take my debit card, so needed to go to the ATM machine and get some money. When I get to the bank, both ATM machines were down, so I go into the bank itself. Now there are a lot of workers here that work construction and other utility type stuff. They were also in the bank trying to cash checks and deposit money. I got in line behind about 6 or 7 men. Usually they let ladies go first, but this was not the case, and I was content to wait my turn. Along comes a nice Emerati looking man all dressed in white. He goes to the nice banker man in the nice suit and fills out a piece of paper. Then he goes up to our ONE TELLER, asks the man that is in line next if he can cut in front of him. Banker man in suit sees the look on my face and tells man in white that there is a long line and that he needs to get to the end of it (there are people now behind me). All of this is in Arabic, but I read people really well. Man in white says that he asked if he could go next, man in suit says he needs to ask everyone. So man in white asks everyone, then stops and asks me. I just look at him. Man in suit says to me in English "You don't agree that he should go next ma'am?" I said "I have been standing in this line for a long time." That's all I said, but I guess it was the way that I said it. Of course man in white totally disregards me and gets in the line anyway. Teller tells me to come to the head of the line. I really didn't want to because the other men were a head of me. I was only taking money out, their transactions were taking a while. I guess the other men didn't have much to say because of their "station." That means a lot here. But I don't have a station and I was upset about it. Although I didn't say it, they saw it on my face. I guess I need to stay out of the bank.
And I was right. Not only did the bookstore not take debit cards, their electricity was off due to the series of little shops were getting new signs.
I'm back home now, trying to behave.
| ||
No comments:
Post a Comment