Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I got my ticket today!!!  Okay, didn't really get my ticket, but got my itinerary.  I confirmed it, and now am awaiting the ticket.  It's a positive step in the right direction!  Now it seems sooooooo real!  Now the traveling part.  OMG!  I leave on Wednesday, August 8th from Norfolk, VA to Chicago.  There I have a five and a half hour layover (good thing I love to read), then hop on a Royal Jordanian flight to Ammon, Jordan.  Stick around there for two and a half hours, then on to Abu Dhabi.  Will arrive there about fifteen minutes past midnight on Friday.  It's not as bad as it seems:  They are eight hours ahead of us so it is about an eighteen hour flight.  Just checked how much baggage will cost.  Thinking that I am going to have to downsize.  They want $300 for three bags!!!!

All this because I wanted to teach overseas.  I am a military brat, so going overseas is not a big deal to me.  Moving is something that I enjoy, so changing classrooms or grade levels was just a new challenge to me.  Oh well, better start looking in my suitcases to see what I absolutely positively cannot do without for at least a year until I get back home.......

2 comments:

  1. And the adventure begins. Can't wait to read more! Thinking of you & wishing you well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this will definitely be an adventure! I surely wish you the very best and will keep up with your Musings:-)

    ReplyDelete